Additional Community Resources Offering Tax Assistance
The College of Business (CoB) had record turnouts for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program this year. Sessions filled up rapidly, and we realize that we were not able to serve everyone who had an interest. The following are additional community resources available for tax assistance:
Bozeman Public Library — Tax assistance will be provided by VITA volunteers every Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. -6:30 p.m. in the Library’s Small Conference Room through April 16. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 406-586-6641 or 406-522-0226.
Bozeman Senior Center — AARP volunteers offer assistance at the Bozeman Senior Center on Monday afternoons (1-4:00 p.m.) and Saturday mornings (9 a.m. -12:00 p.m.). Please call 406-586-2421 to make your appointment.
HRDC Community Café – The HRDC offers free tax preparation and filing services on site, with no appointments necessary, at their Community Café on:
• January 30-April 15
• 2nd and 4th Saturdays 9-11 a.m.
• Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1– 4p.m.
• Site location: Community Cafe
302 North 7th Avenue
Bozeman, MT 59718
Foreign Student Assistance –
• H&R Block will assist foreign students with completing their taxes for $133. To make an appointment, call 406-587-0900.
• The University of Texas has established this website to assist foreign students in completing their taxes — http://world.utexas.edu/isss/tax.